Mrs. Hall

Mrs. Hall

Friday, May 14, 2010

Y Book Group Check In

I'm creating a place for the group (Kristina, Kim, Sarah, Rebecca and Orchid) to choose a non- fiction book. Please reply to this post with your choice or comments.
I would rather not read another Nazi book, but will bend to peer pressure if that is what all of you want. Sid Fleischman's Escape: The story of the Great Houdini is one I'm interested in. I would be happy to read Freedom Writers, but I see Artist to Artist on the list page 481 and I am also wanting to read that book. What interests you?

-Orchid

11 comments:

  1. I agree with the sentiment of no Nazi books. Otherwise I'm pretty open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try to come up with some ideas tonight or tomorrow. I'm battling strep and double ear infections, so probably tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to read the Houdini book. Fleischman is a quality writer. It is a 200 pager so if we do decide to do this one we should probably get going or pick another one ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have much of a desire to read Freedom Writers. I saw the movie which pretty much kills the book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll toss my vote in for Houdini. Hopefully the library will have it and I won't have to order it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fleischman(the elder)was one of the authors who came to our school district and presented. I think this book would be quick to read even at 200 pages. I'll let Sarah know that is what we like, and see if she can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will try and get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the book now and have read the first 80 pages. It has been fascinating so far. How do you want to post our thoughts and questions as we read? I know we won't all be reading the same pages at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have also checked out the book and have just started reading it. I guess I will update my blog with my thoughts and opinions soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We didn't have it in our library, so I'm still waiting on it in the mail. *sigh* I think if we just post our own updates on our thoughts on our own individual blogs, then we can read and respond to each other.

    ReplyDelete